Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sun Dial Hike

Yeah the last post on this blog was over a year ago. OOPS! This last year has been busy and we've been having a lot of adventures, but here's a great post. (by the way I mkae no promises how often we'll post on this blog, sorry)

For Skyler's birthday, he decided that he wanted to hike up to Sun Dial, and his brother Kenz came with us. It was a very hard hike, but absolutely beautiful. It felt nice to get outside and be in the sun.

This picture is form the beginning of the hike. We were smiling and joking, little did I know the steep climb before us. :)

This is about half way up. It was really neat to see the snow and then the waterfall coming down. (By the way we hiked up past this ridge to get to the Lake)
When we reached the top we headed for the waterfall, Skyler jumped in the ice cold snow melt water. I've never heard his voice go that high. Hopefully, we still be able to have kids one day.

His Face is hilarious in this one.

Kenz the Mack-man. He's available and i'm accepting applications to determine suitability.

The Boys hiking to our resting place, where I sleepily watched clouds drift by in the blue blue sky.

Lake Blanche

Me and my favorite person!

Jumping for Joy (at my request)

(No words only giggles)

Just Heavenly!


Skyler's now 27 years old, but he's still climbing mountains, having adventures, and smiling every step of the way!

On the way down, I kept thinking I can't believe we climbed this thing. We saw a snake and of course Skyler wanted to catch it and of course I freaked out like a little girl! At the bottom of all us hurt, but those slurpees really did the trick.

Skyler and I can barely move today, and I haven't talked to Kenz, but he was pretty sore yesterday too.

All in all it was a fun adventure and I loved being with Sky and Kenz out doing what they love best.

HAPYY BIRTHDAY SKY!!! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment